Hello! This is my first entry in this blog. Well,this post is all about the Wheel Week camp which took place quite a while ago. All my experience in this camp is actually very new except for one of them which is actually Kayaking, since I am in NCC(SEA). So the very first activity I went to is rappling or something, I can't actually remember I. I was one of the few which had "kiss" the wall. I panicked a bit but overcomed it quite fast and went down nearly smoothly. A few more minutes later, its seems like hours, the next activity came and which is the long awaited Flying-Fox. Alot of people wanted to go for it but I was one of the few that didnt manage to go up and do it myself so I can't actually tell what it is like to be doing it. Then, we got this activity which unfortunately I didn't manage to listen what it is called but it is just about putting 15 people up on this wall in 15 minutes(the wall is a fake wall and has stairs behind for ppl to stand on). We did manage to get 15 people up there in 15 minutes but I was one of the few,again, that had difficulty of going up the wall. This is the end of the first day so just to cut the story short, I will be going on to where all the fun begins. So the second day where there was this activity, which is grouped in the high elements where everything is at a high position, we have to climb and climb and climb which is around 3 stories high and walk across either by a single rope with 5 ropes away from each other hanging or by a single log that is tied tightly to the poles. Since I thought that the single rope was more challenging, i went for the single rope obviously. So off I went on top and when I got there, my legs where shaking like mad as though there is no end to it. Well,for the first part that is. After I got my balance, just went over to the other side,went down and finished which all the new experience in my head.So on to the third day. That day was the best day amongst all three as that was the day when I actually said to my friend that I could go up there(this is another high element) and do the chicken dance. My teacher overheard it and dares me to do it. So off I went up, I thought of a loophole. I said I would do it but never said where, so I did it before I get on top of the plank which is totally unstable.I did it then my friend said that is not counted and must do in the middle. I went on top of it and again, legs shaking again so I hold on the rope that is my only support if I fall and regained my balance instantly. So I went off to the center and do the chicken dance occasionally holding on the rope. Then I found out that I have to do it all the way to the end so I did and it was such an amazing experience in ways different from others. Now comes the most exciting one of all, kayaking. To me, it was just funny to look at all my classmates, except for three as they are in NCC(SEA) too, circling me when we need to join our kayaks together side by side. They were nearly like sharks circling me going on and on. Suddenly, I saw one of the kayaks going into the trees at a nearby shore. Everyone's head turn and look at whats happening. When I was looking at that direction, danger lurks by the other of where the two of the three came and drifted and ram my kayak hoping to capsize me and my friend. Haha, it didn't work. After scolding them a bit, more and more people come at last from their never ending circle by all three of us giving the tips on how to get together.Then we found out that we have to stand up on the kayak after we have just rafted up joining each others boat by holding each others hand and sing our class song. This part is a bit embrassing so I will just skip to the next where we all are at a jetty and we all jump together on our boats real high and some capsized. When the person next to me landed in the water, I was surprise by how shallow the water was until my friend could stand and the head on the surface. Unfortunately for all of those that capsize, we saw a dog which was sleeping on the jetty and woke up, walks to the shoreline and pee in the water. Although most never saw that,I just kept it to myself. This experience is totally new yet old to me as I already did kayaking before but never this funny. This experience is new to me by one way or another.
With much love ;
6:10 AM